Monday, October 09, 2006

every other month?

That seems to be the rate at which I can post to this blog... so I'm knitting a bunch of stuff as usual: a gift shawl for my mom (four colors of elann sonata cotton), a night cap (really! he asked for one- Rowan cotton tape) for hubby, a scarf for my sister (Lion Suede- which seems to me more like chenille, but hey) and another scarf of unknown destination (that ladder yarn that's so popular in these parts). I have yet to knit anything for myself- not sure why that is, except that perceived "deadlines" for gifts always seem more pressing...
A bit more about me? I started knitting late last summer, but very slowly, so that my first FOs were washcloths for my mom and mom-in-law for this past Mother's Day. I used pretty ribbon as a drawstring to wrap them around yummy soap, and was so pleased with my "original" idea- that is until I got the Mason Dixon book, and discovered that there really are very few original ideas! One day, when I figure out how, I'll post a photo or two of my FOs.
'til then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home